Events & Activities
Hiking, Birding & More
Seaforth is the perfect venue for Birthday parties, weddings or smaller company get-togethers. Feel free to book the whole lodge plus cottages for a weekend or longer.
At single occupancy, we can house 10 guests, all in double beds. Sharing rooms and with extra beds and sleeper couches in the lounges, we can house up to 30 guests at a time.
We are happy to provide all the meals and extras or you bring in your own catering.
The dining room comfortably seats up to 30 persons.
Hiring of the whole lodge which is fully serviced – R9000.00
Seaforth can accommodate small conferences, we can set up the lounge in one of the cottages for groups of up to 10 people and the dining room for up to 30 pax cinema style or U-shape. The only problem is that the views from the dining room may detract from the speaker…
Seaforth Farm’s magnificent location makes it a great base for exploring the Drakensberg. There are many beautiful activities on offer in the area.
- Take a 4 x 4 trip into Lesotho via the spectacular Sani Pass.
- Visit the “highest pub in Africa” at 2875 meters above sea level. Drive your own vehicle or we arrange for one of the local tour operators to pick you up at the lodge. *Don’t forget your Passport.*
- Hiking – Take a leisurely stroll along footpaths to picnic sites along the river. Bring a picnic basket with a bottle of Champagne and swim in the gorgeous pools in the river.
- Or follow the river 1.5 km upstream to a beautiful waterfall. You will need to cross the river two times. From the waterfall continue another km to the famous Sani Pass Hotel for Lunch or a drink.
- Or we can arrange for a guide to take you to Bushman paintings which can be reached by foot from the Lodge or real high berg escarpment challenges.
- (Dam not stocked at present) We offer fly-fishing on a trout dam next to the Lodge and from the banks of the MKomazana River. The dam is regularly stocked with catch size trout and in the river, you can find naturally reproducing Brown trout. Our chef is happy to prepare trout caught in the dam. However, the river is strictly “catch and release”.
- Horse riding can be arranged at a selection of nearby resorts.
- Bird watching and indigenous game: The abundant birdlife on Seaforth Farm includes eagles, cormorants, vultures and many more.
- All year round you may spot Rhebuck and Duikers. In winter the Elands come down from the high mountains to graze on the farm. The baboons may visit and at night you can hear the jackals calling. The Serval, a small cat, has been spotted a few times.
If you would like to arrange a bird or rock art tour you can contact:
Stuart McLean 082 7426981 OR 033 7021761
List or link to Birds commonly seen, birds sometimes seen
Seaforth is close to:
- The spectacular Sani Pass Rd and the Highest Pub in Africa
- Underberg Country Club: golf, squash, swimming
- Himeville Tennis club
- Sani Pass Hotel & Golf Course with Restaurants and Bars
- The Himeville Museum
- Pubs, Restaurants and shops in Underberg and Himeville
Let us look after you whilst you explore the Drakensberg
Sani Pass Road, Himeville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Take N3 from Durban or Joburg, drive towards Howick
- Take exit 99 towards R617 / Underberg
- Continue on R 617 for 110km to Underberg.
- Turn right at the Shell garage in Underberg, towards Himeville
- Drive 5 km to Himeville
- Go through Himeville and continue another 4 km to Sani Pass Rd
- Turn left into Sani Pass Rd. Signs for Sani Pass, Underberg Polo Club, Sani Pass Hotel etc.
- Drive 9 km on Sani Pass Rd, until signs for Seaforth Country Lodge on the right-hand side of the road.
- Turn right into our access road.
- GPS coordinates for Seaforth 29o39’37’’ S, 29o28’18’’ E